Aunty’s Five Spice Ginger Chicken
- 2 Tbsp. Oil
- 2 dry red chilies
- 1 medium onion Roughly Chopped
- 6-7 cloves garlic Minced
- 1 tbsp Grated Ginger
- 2 Tbsp. Dark soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- ½ tsp Aunty’s Five Spice
- 1-pound Boneless Chicken thigh or breast. Cut into small cubes
- 1 ½ Tbsp. fish sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Green Spring onion for garnishing
- In a wok or large frying pan add Oil. Once the oil is hot, the add dry red chili followed by chopped onion.
- Sauté onion in medium heat till they look soft and start to brown.
- Add minced garlic, grated ginger, honey, Soy Sauce, and Aunty’s Five Spice. Mix and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chopped chicken thighs or breast. Mix well. Cook on medium-high heat till the chicken is cooked and well coated with the sauce.
- Season with Fish Sauce, salt, and pepper. Mix everything well and cook for another 30 seconds. By now the sauce must have been nicely caramelized and sticky.
- Garnish with chopped green onion.